CIB is always keen on providing its clients with the latest governmental e-Payment services in coordination with e-Finance, the entity assigned by the Ministry of Finance to manage all electronic governmental payments. CIB currently facilitates in coordination with e-Finance the collection of E-Customs and E-Taxes through its entire network of branches.
The E-Customs payment service is an easy and convenient approach to officially settle customs payment. Using the customs certificate number, the exact amount of the customs payment can be correctly identified and settled, offering the following benefits:
Convenience: By facilitating the payment of customs electronically through a wide range of our branches network. The service also allows for enquiry of all customs transactions executed electronically within any desired duration. This is in addition to reducing the time and effort required for dealing with the bureaucratic customs cashiers.
Security: The E-Customs payment service allows for a direct payment from the bank account without the need of cash payment or issuing a bank draft to customs. Hence avoiding any threats due to loss of cash or issued bank drafts.
Precision: By connecting directly with the Customs Authority network, the service determines the exact required amount for each customs certificate; hence avoiding any errors in the paid amount that could occur with other payment methods.
Economical Value: Clients can save the extra cost required for issuing bank drafts or transportation of cash amounts.
Since the start of customs collection electronically, CIB has been the highest collector of E-Customs representing over 45% of total e-customs amounts. E-Customs offer a simple way to pay custom certificates.
Customs Charging Account Service:
Customs clients, with frequent & high imports volumes, may have charging accounts with the different Ports’ Customs Authorities. The purpose of the charging account is to speed up the Customs clearance process and to save time.
Clients with Customs Charging accounts used to charge their accounts by submitting a Bank Draft issued to the Customs Authority at the port. Starting June 2012, such accounts in Alexandria port could be only charged through E-Finance. This move is considered the start of other following port authorities around Egypt
The Customs Charging Account service can be offered throughout the entire network of CIB branches, and not only through Alexandria Port branch.
Clients can charge their accounts by providing the bank staff with the following
- Dealer Number
- Unified Account Number
- Customs Office Code
- Required Charged Amount (EGP)
- Charging the account can be performed directly from the client’s account in CIB, similar to the electronic payment of Customs Certificates.
CIB offers the E-Taxes collection service, free of charge, which includes all types of income and sales taxes throughout the year. Clients can simply request to pay the desired amount by filling the proper request form indicating the paid tax type, and after providing the taxation number, which is used to confirm the client’s identity on the system before the payment takes place.
Like the E-Customs service, E-Taxes offer our client:
- Convenience: By facilitating the payment of customs electronically through a wide range of our branches network. The service also allows for enquiry of all taxes transactions executed electronically within any desired duration. This is in addition to reducing the time and effort required for dealing with the bureaucratic tax authority cashiers.
- Security: The E-Taxes payment service allows for a direct payment from the bank account without the need of cash payment or issuing a Check or bank draft to customs. Hence avoiding any threats due to loss of cash or issued bank drafts.
- Economical Value: As the E-Taxes service is offered for free, clients can now save the extra cost required for issuing bank drafts or transportation of Checks or cash amounts.
Need to know more?
Call us on 19666 or visit any of our branches