Save your time and effort with CIB Internet Banking
Internet banking service offers:
- Credit cards
- Recent transactions
- Historical e-Statements
- Consumer Loans
- Time Deposits & Saving Certificates
- Investment Funds Balance & Transactions
- Access Related Accounts: Minor, Joint, Grant & Power of Attorney
- Between your accounts
- To your credit cards
- To another CIB account (OTP is required)
- To any account worldwide (OTP is required)
- To Certified Charity Organizations
- Set an automated Forward or Recurring transactions
- Manage your list of external Beneficiaries (OTP is required)
- Issue a Cheque Book
- Change mailing address
- Add related account (power of attorney, parent/child or account with different customer no.)
- Change the limit on your supplementary Credit cards
- Dispute a credit card transaction
- Inquire, complain, or send a suggestion
- Stop a lost/stolen credit card
- Communicate with a bank staff using the secured mail service
Internet Banking Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How can I register with the Internet Banking service?
You can simply register for free on Internet Banking by using your ATM 16 Digits Debit Card number and its 4 Digits PIN. Simply go to Internet Banking Registration to get access to your banking accounts from anywhere 24/7. You can always, visit www.cibeg.com, click on Internet banking then choose Register Now.
What is the One Time Passcode (OTP) Service? And how can I subscribe for it?
A Higher Authentication One Time Passcode (OTP) is an added level of security to your Username and Password, which allows you to securely perform 3rd Party Transfers outside your own relations. Once you subscribe for the free service, you will be able to request an OTP, which you will receive through an SMS to your registered mobile phone. To subscribe for the free service, please ask for the Internet Banking OTP form at your nearest branch.
How secure is Internet Banking Service?
Security is our top priority; your financial information is protected by your Card Number & PIN code. It is also protected by your User-name and Password.
Your financial transactions outside your own accounts are protected by the One Time Passcode (OTP), which you receive to your registered Mobile.
For your own security, your Internet banking session will be terminated after 10 minutes of no user activity on the Internet Banking session to prevent any unauthorized access.
What shall I do if I forget my Internet Banking Password?
Click on “Forgot Password” link, where you will be asked to input your ATM 16 digits Debit Card number and its 4 digit PIN code, your registered Internet Banking Username, along with your new Password.
Can I view my Related Accounts; Children’s Minor Accounts, Joint Accounts, Grant Accounts and Account with Power of Attorney on Internet Banking?
Yes, you can add any related account through selecting Requests > Add Related Account request from the menu. Once you access the request, simply input the related account number as well as selecting the relation type.