Renowned across the Egyptian market for its exceptional credit culture & longstanding consistency of top performance, the Corporate Banking Group (CBG) is CIB's financing and underwriting arm, providing best-in-class financial structures and advisory services to its clients. This image is owed in large part to the Bank's strong credit culture across all main and supporting functions, which is backed by highly experienced and dedicated staff with an unyielding will for constant progress and achievement.
The Group's mission is to preserve CIB's standing as the top Corporate Bank in the nation by offering a wide and innovative range of tailor made credit products, catering to its clients' specific financing needs, while simultaneously maximizing shareholder's wealth.
Corporate Banking Objective
The Group's objective is to promote the nation's economic development, a goal that is evidenced by CIB's direct involvement in all major economic sectors and mega projects in Egypt, backed by a well-diversified clientele base and corresponding corporate loan portfolio.
The Corporate Banking Group's Competitive Advantage
- Strong Corporate business model.
- Well organized group structure with specialized teams for each economic sector and industry to enhance focus and quality of service.
- Experienced and dedicated staff, exposed to fast-paced corporate environment & regular trainings to enhance their technical abilities and knowledge of latest economic trends.
- Ability to provide corporate clients with comprehensive range of capabilities and financial solutions, from facilitating working capital needs to sophisticated capital raising solutions and tailor made products.
CIB's Corporate Banking Group was able to sustain its corporate loan portfolio during 2017 despite the adverse macroeconomic conditions, evidenced by the following;
- Major contributor to Institutional Banking Group's profitability, generating more than 50% of the Group's profits
- Monitoring of asset quality, allowing for more hands on and focused approach to credit assessment, from broad financial restructuring to day-day monitoring of the accounts.
- Increased penetration of online Corporate banking services via CIB Business Online (including: Cash Online, e-Trade, eACH & Corporate payment services) led to a more efficient turnaround time and considerable reduction in operational costs, while maintaining high service quality to CIB's Corporate Banking clients.
- The Group's involvement in structuring of financial schemes for mega projects related to the renewable energy sector.
Corporate Banking Strategy
It is highly expected that the challenging macroeconomic conditions of 2017 will witness a significant improvement during 2018, where interest rates and inflation are expected to gradually bottom-out, whilst the foreign currency exchange rates are likely to remain relatively stable. CIB's Corporate Banking Group aims to capitalize on this optimistic economic outlook and will look to increase / enhance the Bank's loan portfolio by maximizing the Bank's share of wallet amongst multinationals and large corporations. Furthermore, the Group believes that medium size players across all industries will play a pivotal part in the Egyptian economy in terms of high potential for financial inclusion, which will ultimately promote the macroeconomic welfare.