Mayfair CIB Bank Limited

CIB acquired 51% of what was previously known as Mayfair Bank Kenya in April 2020, changing its name to Mayfair CIB, before it recently acquired the remaining 49% in January 2023, thus becoming a fully owned subsidiary of CIB under its new name CIB Kenya Limited. The strategy for CIB Kenya Ltd. focuses on trade finance activities and digital banking solutions, particularly growing the Egypt-Kenya trade corridor, enabling Egyptian large corporates and SMEs to do business in the hub of Eastern Africa.

Representative Offices

Dubai Representative Office

CIB launched its UAE operations in 2005, offering a full range of products to retail and corporate clients. The office focuses on attracting and channeling inbound investments and cementing relationships with reputable GCC corporations with investment or planned investments in Egypt and Africa, in addition to targeting high-net-worth individuals and business banking clients with an appetite for the Egyptian market. The office creates a bridge between the GCC and Egypt by building and maintaining relationships with large corporate clients and financial institutions in the GCC to boost the corporate and trade finance business in Egypt. These strategic alliances are key to the Bank’s expansion strategy, allowing it to leverage unique opportunities beyond Egypt

Addis Ababa Representative Office

CIB established its Ethiopia Representative Office in April 2019. Based in the Kirkos Sub City, Addis Ababa, the office has been fully operational since 19 July 2019. The office works closely with Egyptian corporations operating in Ethiopia, as well as international and local financial institutions to offer creative solutions for their foreign and local financing needs. The office maintains and builds relationships with Egyptian expatriates in Ethiopia to cater to their personal financial needs by capitalizing on CIB’s outstanding retail products, digital banking solutions, and wide branch network. The focus on developing strong ties with Ethiopian banks will pave the way to establishing on-the-ground market intelligence within the country.


Sign up to get the latest updates in your inbox

By signing up you agree to CIB's privacy and terms
Thank you for signing up for CIB's newsletter. You will now get updated directly to the email address you provided.

We care Our dedicated team is committed to meeting your needs

    Comparing (0/3)
    Comparing (0/3)