Our robust approach ensures that CIB grows in an environmentally and socially sustainable direction. This is achieved by sharing the benefits of our growth through a steady and inclusive approach, considering our shareholders' views and understanding our impact on wider society.
There are six key areas that make our business sustainable:
- Strategy: Clean, efficient and inclusive growth
- Risk Management: Aiming to help client avoid and mitigate adverse impacts and manage risk as a way of doing business sustainably
- Customers: Including environmental and social considerations in the development and offering of products and services to meet the needs of the customer
- Employees: Engaging staff in sustainability efforts, labor and working conditions, human resource policies and life/work balance. Commitment to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the market
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Investing in community development projects to create sustainable communities through the activities and efforts of CIB Foundation and other social initiatives. Throughout its history CIB has sought to play a role in the development of all aspects of society, ultimately leading to the betterment of our community.
- Sustainable Operations: Ensuring that facilities adopt cutting-edge environmental safe-guards in activities related to buildings, operations, procurement, use and disposal of supplies, water, paper and energy consumption and waste management.