Now you can access local and regional equity markets through a fund that offers capital appreciation with a minimum total fund exposure in each investment vehicle.
Istethmar Fund is an equity fund, launched in 2006, to allow investors to participate in local and regional markets through moderate-risk investment strategies. The fund provides investors moderate-risk exposure to diversified short- and medium-term local stocks, GDRs, as well as regional stocks.
With an initial size of EGP 100 million, Istethmar Fund provides investors capital appreciation through moderate risk investment across short- and medium-term investments.
The fund invests in a variety of securities, the majority equity and a limited, optional amount in fixed-income instruments.
|Asset Type ||Maximum Allocation |
|Fixed Income Exposure||30% of portfolio|
|International Depositary Certificates||30% of portfolio|
|Foreign Investments||25% of portfolio|
|Single Stock Exposure||15% of portfolio|
|Other Investment Funds||10% of portfolio|
Subscription and Redemption
- Daily subscriptions: Orders are taken throughout the week except on the last working day of each week.
- Weekly redemption: Orders are processed on the first working day of each week.
|Fund Type ||Equity fund|
|Structure ||Open-ended mutual fund |
|Inception Date ||February 2006 |
|Initial Size ||EGP 100 million |
|Bank Sponsored ||CIB |
|Fund Manager ||CI Capital Asset Management |
|Base Currency ||EGP |
|Minimum Subscription ||1 investment certificate|
|Financial Year End ||December 31 |
|Subscription & Redemption ||Daily subscriptions except on the last working day and weekly redemption on the first working day|
|Subscription Fee ||0.25% |
|Redemption Fee ||None |
|Duration ||25 years |
- Investors can monitor the performance of their investment on the business pages of their weekly newspaper
- The fund is allowed to invest in other similar types of mutual funds
- The fund's access to regional and global markets increases its diversification
For more information, please call 19666 or visit your nearest CIB branch.
Terms and conditions apply